Why are so many women afraid to allow themselves to age naturally? Today I saw
this article about Kim Cattrall's refusal to get plastic surgery for a more youthful appearance. In her own words, she'd rather look like a beautiful older woman rather than The Joker...no offense, Heath Ledger, RIP, or Jack Nicholson. She's gorgeous at 52 and if I were a man (or a lesbian, I guess), her confident, fearless attitude toward aging would make her even more attractive! While we're at it, Diane Lane is also absolutely beautiful and I love her
outlook on it all; she is all the more beautiful because she is not scared of some stinking crows feet, which by the way, happen to all people! Her hubby, Josh Brolin--aka, Brandon Walsh of 'The Goonies' fame, and as of late 'The Dubya'--is lucky to be with her.

I find both of them to be preferrable to pretty much every single person featured on
Awful Plastic Surgery (which was one of my favorite guilty past time blogs in law school...hey word twist can only keep you occupied for so long in an hour and fifty minute long Wills lecture...)
Granted, I am only in my late 20s (and Asian), but I think aging is a blessing! I am thankful for each day that passes by.
No comments:
Post a Comment