Yay, so yesterday was my first day back to running after taking a nearly 2 week break, and I finally ran withou any shin pain! I had to stop running after my disastrous 5K time at the 4th of July Coronado 5K (45 minutes b/c I ended up walking the last 2 miles due to shin splints) because of the intense pain from the shin splints and a nasty little cold that made my coworkers send me home from work for an entire week. I'll write another post later about everything I've learned about shin splints, but for now I'll use blogger to help track my 1/2 marathon training progress and shin splints recovery/pain journal, per the recommendation of Chi Running.
Thursday, June 16 - 3.0 miles at a relaxed 11:30 to 12:00 pace. No shin pain! Felt slightly winded when running and tummy felt off (probably b/c the lasagna I ate for lunch, boo.)
Sigh, time to re-formulate my 1/2 marathon training plan, now that I only have 7 weeks to train.
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment