Thursday, June 9, 2011

Baby Blanket

K's older brother, also a "K" is expecting a little boy!  K and I are so excited for our new nephew!  I knew we'd be on a lot of trains while on our honeymoon so I brought a bunch of yarn to make this baby blanket for our soon to be nephew, Leroy (that's K&J's name for their fetus...lol!)  I guess I can say this blanket is made in the USA, France, Switzerland, and Italy? :)  On another note, I am getting tired of just knitting squares (blankets) and rectangles (scarves)...time to learn a sweater or something?

It's a chevron pattern...looked a bit more masculine than all the wavy patterns I saw.

The blanket is pretty big...like 3' x 4'!  Thanks Snuffles, for modeling it for me!  I must say though it's not easy to swaddle a polar bear...

With all the crafting I did for the wedding plus all the cooking and baking I've been doing now with all our super awesome new wedding gift appliances, I realized just how much I like the notion of making things with my own hands and being able to see, touch, taste, feel and/or smell the final product.  No wonder I have such mixed feelings about the practice of law, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment