Saturday, August 15, 2009 - Ran 11.5 miles at De Anza/Mission Bay. I was able to run the entire 11.5 nonstop without stopping once :) It took me (again) the first 3 miles or so to get my shins fully warmed up so I ran off and on the grass until I could stay on the cement without the burning feeling in my legs. I went fairly slow from miles 1-3, picked it up a bit for miles 4-6, got my second wind for miles 7-8, and was really struggling by miles 9-11...my knees and right hip even started to feel tight and plain out worn and tired. I tried to sprint (as much as my aching knees/hip would allow) the last half mile. Total time? Somewhere between 2 hours and 12 or 13 minutes, which is around 11:30/mile for pacing. Not that great but I'm just glad I was able to run this without stopping!
It was a weekend full of run junk; K ran the America's Finest City 1/2 Marathon and finished in an impressive 2:05:31 (9:35/mile pace); I am so proud of him...that's a good time for his first 1/2 marathon! We all got up at the butt crack of dawn to drop off the runners at Balboa Park before 5:30 am, then took a meandering "tour" through Bankers Hill and Hillcrest in desperate search of coffee & breakfast at 6 am. B, B and I got an awesome breakfast at Cafe on Park and made it back to the finish line in time to see K and S! Somehow we missed V, G, N, R, and most everyone else from runsandiego.org :( We hung out, took photos, got free stuff at the vendor booths, and then V and G came over and well enjoyed some beer and sunshine at our pool and jacuzzi. Then B, K and I went to go see Yorkie puppies! Omg, so cute!
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment